As a non-commercial radio station, your tax-deductible support of KRTU will be acknowledged on-air through underwriting announcements. All announcements must comply with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidelines, and can include short factual statements about your business, organization or event.
The good news is that these guidelines actually work in the underwriter's favor:
First, you are ensured of consistent and uncluttered breaks to which listeners remain attentive.
Additionally, as an underwriter you are identified as a "supporter" and your investment serves the dual functions of public relations and marketing.
Finally, this demonstration of community support can generate strong brand loyalty from the KRTU audience.
Pricing for 30 second messages
||Run of Schedule
||5am to 10pm
||10pm to 5am
- Custom packages and program sponsorships are available.
- Nonprofit organizations qualify for 15% discount off on all underwriting packages.
Consider underwriting as an effective and affordable vehicle for getting your message out to the San Antonio community and beyond!
- Idenitfy your promotional goal and budget.
- Contact Monica Reina at mreina [at] trinity.edu or 210.999.8078.
- Prepare and sign contract.
- Submit payment.
- Approve language for on-air underwiting spot. (see below for guidelines)
- Determine announcement run of schedule.
- Affidavit and paid receipt provided after run of schedule is complete.
FCC Underwriting Announcement Guidelines
Underwriting announcements may:
- Describe your business.
- Identify facilities, services, products or event.
- Describe your corporate mission.
- Inform the public of events you sponsor.
- Include a corporate slogan, so long as it is not flagrantly promotional.
- Include a web address, phone number and street address for your business.
- Indicate the number of years you have been in business.
- Include the name of a nonprofit organization you support, although it must be clear that you are providing the funding for the announcement.
Underwriting announcements may not :
- Use qualitative language. (e.g., award winning, leading, etc.)
- Use comparative language. (e.g., better, best, oldest etc.)
- Use a call to action ("Visit our store...").
- Use an inducement to buy, sell, rent or lease.
- Make references to price or value. (e.g., free, discount specials, etc.)
- Use personal pronouns, unless as part of a slogan.
More Information: Non-Profit Media FCC Guidelines